Installing WHMCS is very simple. The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer
- Rename the file configuration.php.new to configuration.php
- Upload the entire whmcs folder to your website – if you experience problems, try uploading in binary mode
- Next you can rename the folder to whatever you like (billing, clients, etc…)
- Now visit the installation script at http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installer process – if you get an Ioncube related error message, see the installation Ioncube steps above
- Follow the instructions on screen to install which will involve setting file permissions as listed below, entering your license key and setting up your primary admin account
- When complete, delete the install folder from your web server and CHMOD the configuration.php file back to 644.