We have tested our theme in most standard hosting setups. Anyhow make sure your hosting server matches the following requirements.
- Latest version of WordPress installed
- PHP5 or higher and MySQL 5 or higher
- We recommend to enable mod_rewrite module (If not enabled sometimes pages or posts will result in bad gateway error)
- Memory limit(memory_limit) should be atleast 128MB
- Maxium File Upload size(upload_max_filesize) should be atleast 32MB
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
If the import stalls and fails to respond after a few minutes, or it fails with a simple error message like “Import failed,” You are suffering from PHP configuration limits that are set too low to complete the process. You should contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows:
- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
How To Verify Your Current PHP Limits
You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin here. In addition, you can always contact your host and ask them what the current settings are and have them adjust them if needed. Please note though that many hosts will try to keep the PHP limits low without reason. However you are paying for it, and therefor should be getting your moneys worth.
Leave A Comment?