Red Art Theme is compatible with WoCommerce and includes full design integration as well as custom shortcodes. To get started with creating your online shop, you need to install the free WooCommerce Plugin. This documenation on using WooCommerce is the very basic information you need to get started. Please take a look at the important links below that have additional information about using WooCommerce.
To get this option install WooCommerce plugin. And the plugin bundled with dummy data which can be imported to instantly give you a working store with products to test the different features WooCommerce has to offer.
- No.of Products to show in main shop page.
- Choose products style to display shop & archive pages.
- Product Layout – 3 types of products layouts are there. (II Column, III Column & IV Column )
- Product Details, Product Category, Product Tag page layouts.
- Also you can easily handle widget areas for individual Product, Product Category, & Product Tag in the Role -> “Widget Area” Settings.
Following plugins used to extend the woocommerce options
- YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier is that enables you to add a zoom effect to product images.
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist adds all Wishlist features to your website. Needs WooCommerce to work.
How to install WooCommerce and setup the default shop pages
First go to Plugins > Add new section and type “WooCommerce” into search field. Then click “Search Plugins” button.
Once that is done, and you see the result, click on the”Install now” button next to “WooCommerce – excelling eCommerce” plugin.
Once WooCommerce is installed, click on the “Activate plugin” link.
In a few moments you will see a WooCommerce Purple Notification Bar at the top of the plugin page. Clicking the Install WooCommmerce Pages button in the purple bar will install all the default pages.
Please Note: Once you are done installing WooCommerce and the default pages, you can go to the Appearance > Menu section of your admin and add all the WooCommerce pages to your menu. They will be listed at the top under the most recent pages.
How to add new product
Go to Products > Add product section. You will see a page that looks like the one below.All you need to do is fill those fields with your own values.
Information about adding a new product will be found at on http://docs.woothemes.com/document/managing-products/