Translation & WPML
You can follow these steps to make basic translations for your WordPress core.
Step 1 : Open wp-config.php file by logging into your FTP account and look for following line define(‘WPLANG’, ”);. Define your local language here, examples de_DE, nl_NL,. Then your code will look like this define(‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’);. For more information on language codes Click Here
Step 2 : Knowledge Base theme and Designthemes Core Features Plugin (bundled with theme) are translated separately. The theme po file will be inside wp-content / themes / Knowledge Base / languages folder in the name of default.mo and default.po and plugin po file will be inside wp-content / plugins / designthemes-core-features / languages folder in the name of dt_plugins-default.mo and dt_plugins-default.po
Step 3 : You can use these files as base for your translation. In order to make WordPress recognize the language to which you want to translate the theme, you will have to name the the language files accordingly. For example the file name of Detusch language would be de_DE.po and de_DE.mo for theme, dt_plugins-de_DE.po and dt_plugins-de_DE.mo for plugin.
Step 4 : To translate the default.mo and default.po file in your language, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the POedit here.
- Open the default.po file in POEdit and you will find all English text strings in the left column. Once you add translations those will show up in the right column.
- Choose the line you want to translate and then check the lower part of the POEdit window where you will find a textarea to add the correct translation.
- When you are done translating all needed strings save the file with your language code, for example: de_DE.po(theme) and .dt_themes-de_DE.po(DesignThemes Core Features Plugin). Make sure files are in the respective folder for theme wp-content / themes / Knowledge Base / languages and for plugin wp-content / plugins / designthemes-core-features / languages.
Note : You can also refer POedit site to get some additional information.
- WPML – WPML official site
- Widgets Translation – Check this link for translating WordPress widgets.
- FAQ – Checkout this page to get basic idea of WPML
- WPML Forum Support – You will get free support from WPML tean once you have purchsed thier plugin.
You can download and install WPML manually, by downloading ZIP files from your WPML.org account, or automatically, via the Plugins admin screen. In case you want to install WPML manually, follow these steps: Log in to your WPML.org account. Go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. Than move those files to following location wp-content / plugins of your server.
How To Use RTL
Step 1 – Install an RTL version of WordPress, such as the Arabic or Hebrew version.
Step 2 – Have the proper Language files installed in the languages directory, which you can locate by following this path: wp-content / themes / Knowledge Base / languages
Step 3 – Specify the language you’d like to use in the wp-config.php file.