Automatic Plugin Installation
- Open your WordPress Admin Dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New.
- Under Search, type in bbPress into the search form and click the Search Plugins button to the right, bbPress should be the first result in the returned list.
- Click Details for to confirm the author is listed as ‘The bbPress Community‘ and links back to http://bbpress.org
- Click Install Now to install the bbPress Plugin.
- A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate bbPress.
Manual Plugin Installation
- Download the current version .zip of bbPress and extract the contents to a folder on your PC.
- With your FTP program upload the extracted ‘bbpress‘ folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder.
- From your WordPress Admin Dashboard and go to Plugins and Activate the bbPress Plugin.