Sometimes demo content import may fail, it may be one of the following reasons.
- Your PHP memory limit, execution time, upload size may be set too low. Please check that your server has following limits else contact your hosting support to do so.
- max_execution_time -> 600
- memory_limit -> 128M
- post_max_size -> 32M
- upload_max_filesize -> 32M
- If you receive ‘500 Internal Server Error’ then it may be because of any one of following reasons
- Your web server may be configured incorrectly (ie, configured with incorrect directives). You have to contact your hosting support to resolve this issue.
- Your files may be corrupted while uploading it to your web server. Those files may be transferred successfully but it is unusable by server. If it is theme files upload it again and import demo content. If still you receive this error deactivate the plugins one by one to find the cause of error.
Note : You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin found here. If you still cannot resolve the 500 error, talk with your web hosting support.